Many Valorant players have been excited about the ranked mode, and the release of the patch 1.02, adding more details about the upcoming patch, a blog post on Valorant’s official site by IAN “BRIGHTEYZ” FIELDING, Senior producer, has revealed to players what all to expect with the release of ranked mode this weekend. The post talks mostly about the ranking system, and ranked matchmaking, the main takeaways from the post are highlighted below:-
- Icons for all ranks have been updated
- New name for the topmost rank in Valorant has been revealed which is “RADIANT”
The reason for the renaming of the top rank from ‘Valorant’ to ‘Radiant’ was given as follows:-
- The main focus is to provide Fair and Balanced Matchmaking along with the ability to play with your friends or team-mates.
- Even for the top two ranks, efforts have been made to keep the matches as balanced as possible.
- Although the main focus for developers is the global launch of Valorant’s ranked mode right now, but some of the demands of players like leaderboards, support for teams, in-client tournaments will also be addressed later.
Earlier, it was also revealed that a surrender option too will be available for players in the patch 1.02, which is much needed especially in ranked mode since sometimes a player going AFK, or multiple teammates leaving the match, ruin the game for remaining players in the game.
So, what do you think about these new revelations? If you want to read more about them in detail, you can go ahead to the blog post on Valorant’s official website.